3/30/17

week 20


     I cannot believe that this pregnancy is already past it's halfway point! So many people told me how much faster things go the second time around, but experiencing it has been wild. Even though there is still so much to do, I really just can't wait to meet Lily. And tomorrow, we get a sneak peak of her little face! Bobby and V will get to come to my scan and watch her swim around for the whole thirty minutes or so. It's going to give me such peace of mind to have her placenta and my cervix measured and examined, because with each contraction comes a little flood of anxiety. 

     I've started experiencing some intense sciatic nerve pain down my left leg after long days on my feet. Even though it is an annoying pain in the rear, I appreciate the tangible reminder to take some time each day to rest and put my feet up (and maybe chow down on a little Easter candy).

     All but one box of the major loads of project supplies has finally shipped in, and I'm just about done sorting through and organizing all the baby gear. So this weekend I hope to choose the paint for her room and find the perfect fabric to make it a wee bit feminine (Ikea sold out of their discontinued fabric before I could stock up, booo!!). We are stoked to see Dad & Ashley next week. Violet will have playmates while I work on a few projects, and we will quite possibly eat our way through Houston (I've got at least 3 burger joints on the list).

No comments:

Post a Comment