5/19/14

the positives - anniversary edition (better late than never)

I'm really getting tired of the slump that I'm in. I mean, over the past couple weeks that I've missed my happy-blog, so many incredible once in a lifetime adventures have occurred. And yet I've put this post off all day long because the negatives are so forefront in my chemically imbalanced mind. So, as a mental compromise, many if these positives have a "but."

1. We survived a year. It should have been a sign, I suppose, when things went awry just days before our planned elopement (tip: if you elope, keep it secret, run away with friends at a half moment's notice, and never ever give anyone a chance to spoil the giddy joy). A sign that this year would be so very much more challenging than nearly two years of long distance love, with surprises unfathomable to a couple seven long years in the making. But we've made it so far. 

2. I couldn't write an anniversary brag blog because we stuck to our arrangement. Instead of gifts that we fret over or forget each year, I requested a getaway to a place we've never been for anniversaries about six months ago when we considered cancelling our second quicky honeymoon after the big white wedding. I was straightforward for once in my life, telling him that after months of wedding planning from hundreds of miles away and keeping our marriage a sad, little secret from family, I wanted a break- not a family reunion. So yeah, we just got back from our Italian Adventure. I'll be posting about it all week, a city each day. Keep an eye out ;)

3. PB&J: Pam Beasley and Jim. They're inspirational. 

4. The mini pack of Nutella I stole from our B&B in Roma. It made a great breakfast with my strawberries. Now it's gone, boo. 

5. At the very worst, next weekend will be an awesome girls weekend, and at the best a super fun friend reunion. Win-win, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment