4/14/14

the positives no.5

today, it is hard to choose the positives. 
not because they aren't there, but because the negatives feel so very big and heavy and real. 
everyday may not be good, but there's something good in every day.

1. My new job, which I never applied for. I will be the Program Coordinator for Volunteer Houston. Basically I will spend eight weeks working with Shell to implement and manage a non-profit for kids and teens. It is a really great job, I will be getting paid for a huge resume booster, and I get to work side by side with the friend who recommended me for the position.

2. A few words I've been yearning to say finally fell out of my mouth. And I'm glad. I've had trouble turning my feelings into words lately, so each step deserves a mini celebration.

3. I've officially learned every word, rhythm, and note to the "Bella's Finals" track from the Pitch Perfect sound track. Having something so complex to run to has improved my 5k time and my blow-off-steam-rock-out-car-ride-home-from-school for the last month.

4. Tomatoes. They are super cheap and delicious here in Houston. And I just so happen to make the best
bruschetta in America, to be quite vain. I toast torta-bread with butter and minced fresh garlic, add slivered tomatoes+fresh mozz+fresh basil (until I killed my dear plant) and toast again, and top with parm and balsamic. Pair it with a nice red wine and your day will improve, promise.

5. Friends who are made happy by my joy and cry with me in my grief. Your words matter, and mean more than you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment