2/23/15

week 15


cravings:  More doritos, lots of fruit - particularly watermelon and pineapple.

aversions:  Changes every five minutes, from yogurt to chicken to coffee to the smell of water from a glass.

symptoms:  The nausea is back and with a vengeance. For the most point it's truly morning sickness now, but it's been kicking my butt. I've also been experiencing pretty intense stretching pains (thanks to coconut oil this isn't coupled with stretch marks). I'm becoming increasingly more clumsy each day, too, but luckily no terrible falls yet.

movement:  I'm more convinced that the flutters I feel every now and then are baby flutters. So neat.

weight gain:  About the same, which means my kitchen is stocked with ice cream and doritos.

fears:  I dreamed baby was a really really ugly girl with a huge nose and unibrow. So it's a stupid "fear" but I really don't want little baby to look like the old lady witch from Snow White.

general mood:  Still just so happy. And really feeling deeply in love with both baby and Bobby. Yesterday we laid in bed trying to feel baby and talked about how amazing this all is. Oh, and I cry at least daily, sometimes from laughing, sometimes for no real reason at all.

sleep:  I'm sleeping deeper, and really feeling the difference even though baby kicking the bladder wakes me up at least one a night.

surprised by:  how big baby is now: upwards of 5 inches long. I googled something like baby size at 15 weeks trying to find a fruit comparison yesterday and found some pretty graphic images of babies born at this point. And though really tiny, they look like babies with all their facial features and are about the size of the hands holding them. It's sad to see so don't go looking, but it baffled me that that's what my baby looks like now.

looking forward to:  I want to feel more movement, and I want to share that with Bobby so bad. Also, baby should be able to hear in a week which is so so awesome.

best / worst moments:  My dad sent me magic candy that eases nausea when I'm sucking on it. I've gone through almost a whole container because they help so much. The bad times include realizing my good days are probably only going to be sporadic, that 2nd trimester doesn't suddenly take the puking away.

bobby is:   is the best husband. He got me ice cream at 10:30 Friday night, he went grocery shopping with me late last night and when the fruit at the first store sucked he went to a second store to get more goods. And he loves this baby so much.

maternity clothes:  Nothing new, and now that the cat's out of the bag I'm able to make more of my clothes work to flatter the bump. Hiding it was hard, showing off is fun.

gender:  We want to know so bad. We want to name this baby so that we can call it something other than baby. And we use he and she intermittently, because "it" is so impersonal, but it's weird to not know and guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment