3/11/15

week 17


Sorry I'm so late this week, Sunday was not a happy day for baby and me so the pictures had to wait!

cravings:  everything and the kitchen sink. cup-o-noodle, cheesecake, and fried okra topped the list for this week and I got them all on Saturday (win).

aversions:  the smell of water from a glass

symptoms:  sausage fingers, clumsiness, and some pretty intense cramping over the weekend.

movement:  During an impromptu sonogram yesterday I could feel the kicks as I watched them on the screen. Pretty amazing stuff.

weight gain:  one step forward, two steps back. So I'm now eating breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner, and dessert on a daily basis and this mama is loving every bit of it.

fears:  This weekend's cramping was scary, and brought back way too many memories. But after my amazing doctor and nurses checked me over real good, all is well from me and my cervix to baby and placenta.

general mood:  Tired, excited, ready to hold that baby safe and sound and fully developed.

sleep:  I can no longer distinguish dreams from reality. Sometimes I'm half way through my day thinking something happened just to realize it was only a dream. But I am sleeping more solidly, a big plus.

surprised by:  Pregnancy brain. It's real people. Last week I did a load of laundry without adding detergent but forgot to post it because, well, pregnancy brain. And today I shaved a leg twice and didn't notice until I was lotioning the still hairy leg. So sexy. 

looking forward to:  Going home, seeing family and friends who are like family. I'm so grateful for our community here in Houston, but some days you just want to be scared or excited or tired with the people who know you best.

best / worst moments:  My best moment was eating cheesecake. Fulfilling serious cravings brings this joyous relief like no other and I've never enjoyed a bite of food so much. Oh and I bowled a 176 thanks to my increasingly massive center of gravity! The worst moment was the drive through heavy rain on an interstate where so many idiots didn't have there lights on to the doctors office yesterday. It was frustrating and I was already worried without the invisible cars spraying water all over the road.

bobby is:   going to be the reason I go from losing weight to becoming massively obese. He helps me indulge in any and all cravings and makes sure I'm eating enough everyday. He cares so much about baby and me, and that's just one way he shows it.

maternity clothes:  I've been too tired and busy to shop, but it's my spring break and Houston is cold and wet so I may just treat myself to a Target adventure since fruity poolside drinks seem out of the question.

gender:  3 weeks until the official gender ultrasound, and 25 days until the big reveal. I think of baby as a girl now, thanks to my husband who is now primarily calling it "she." But we'll see soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment