3/16/15

week 18


cravings:  pineapple, caesar salad, dirty greasy chinese food, donuts

aversions:  dirty dishes, no really - it's the smell.

symptoms:  crying so much and so easily, can only wear my rings about half the time

movement:  So many kicks and they are getting really strong. I love it, especially when they don't involve my bladder (but they do, like 80% of the time).

weight gain:  I'm up three pounds for this trimester, go pi-day! I know that belly up there looks massive, but putting on weight has been a struggle with all the puking. My doctor will be so proud if I can keep this up :)

fears:  This week has been pretty peaceful, not a fear I can think of.

general mood:  Happy all the time, more in love with every jab and nudge.

sleep:  Not great. Our ceiling fan is creaky, the trains have been blowing whistles at 4am, and my bladder is baby's trampoline. I'm not sure I'll get much more sound sleep maybe ever.

surprised by:  how huge baby is already! Yes, they are still not even a half pound, but almost 6 inches long from head to rump! That doesn't even count the legs that are stretching out. When I picked out the sweet potato below I totally understood why by belly is so big already: it's really growing in there!

looking forward to:  Our anatomy scan in two weeks. No, we won't peak at the gender, we want it to be a surprise at the party for us too, but the ultrasound alone is an hour long. That's 60 minutes of watching our babe swim around on the big screen. It's going to be great. And I'm hoping we'll tour the hospital in the next week or two and get my super long list of questions answered. For some reason this really excites me. 

best / worst moments:  The best moment was just about any moment of Saturday. It was sunny in Houston for the first time in forever and we walked in the park, had an incredible pi-day celebration at friends' house, and really enjoyed the whole day start to end. I guess my worst moments have been staring at the ceiling wide awake in the wee hours of the morning craving sleep that I won't get. But even without the sleep I have more energy than usual, so I can't complain too much. Also on a sad note, I'm officially retiring from street-running. It's just me and the stupid elliptical from here on out. I was really hoping I'd make it half way through before this day came, but my run last Wednesday has painful on back and belly so that's just that.

bobby is:   so funny. Yesterday he told me that even though he wants to know the gender so bad, he really just wants baby to be here already. He wants to see baby and for baby to see him. He wants to hold it, I think he's jealous that I get to be the sole baby-holder for so long (that jealousy should stop in the delivery room I imagine though wink).

maternity clothes:  Two new super supportive belly bands and maternity leggings are on their way from Amazon. My jeans have worked out just fine, but finding good leggings to lounge around in, let alone to exercise in has been hard.

gender:  I posted our reveal invites here yesterday and I think they turned out great! We can't wait to open the box of balloons and start picking out names, buying clothes, and designing the nursery.


No comments:

Post a Comment