4/20/15

week 23




cravings:  fruit in general, caprese salad, coconut fruit bars, and just about everything I can't have (sushi, creamy cranberry stilton cheese, raw cookie dough, sweetwater)

aversions:  anything with a strong smell from raw chicken (hey it smells strongly to me), to cooking eggs, and even windex. 

symptoms:  stress over worthy things (writing research papers) and silly things (not being able to nest adequately without having her room yet). Not having a registry was such a distraction Saturday while I did homework that I upped and left for Target on a whim and registered. Also, migraines and the puking that still happens 2-3 times a week. 

movement:  I guess it's just that she's getting bigger and stronger because the movement is nearly constant. And it's not all kicks. I'll feel her adjust ever so slightly or stretch her little body with her head in my kidney and feet against my pelvis. It's cool to watch my shirt move when she's really getting around. 

fears:  Fear isn't really my thing so much as the anxiety of being unprepared. I mean who expects a woman not even six months pregnant to have her bags packed, birth plan typed and printed, and nursery stocked and ready? Yet not having a birth method locked down or a stroller researched and chosen really freaked me out this week. And I couldn't shake it, so I gave in and did what I could creating registries (which I'll share once we have a more permanent address) and researching birth methods. I chose the Hypnobabies home study based on its incredible reviews, a friends wonderful experience, and its openness to medical intervention when necessary. And I registered for it wink wink. 

general mood:  Anxious and moody. Moody-moods ranging from really happy, really down, and really clingy to that baby-daddy of mine.

sleep:  I downloaded the White Noise Lite app for iPhone by TMSoft this week to mask the noises that have been interrupting my (very light) sleep. It takes a ton of battery, so keep your phone plugged in, but it works so incredibly well. Though it has a dozen or so sounds, I like the brown noise which covers my ceiling fan and street noise but isn't noticeable on its own after a minute or two. I still have to deal with a pup who won't make up his mind on where to sleep and with a growing kiddo who loves to sleep parallel and facing me, digging stretching feet into my bladder, but things are improving somewhat. 

surprised by:  how fast time is flying by. This morning I was reflecting with a friend on how fast the past two years have gone by (happy anniversary you guys!), and even just this semester has felt like a drop in the hat to me. This does not help the anxiety I've been feeling (so much to do and so little time!) but it is exciting to think of how fast these next few months will pass until we see her face. Swoon

looking forward to:  This is my last week of school, so I'm excited to get it out of the way and focus on the big things coming our way (more on that later this week). Also so ready to start birthing classes as a weekly date night with Bobby. 

best / worst moments:  Top moments included introducing Bear to his new creepy baby doll (he is so unsure about the thing), getting my nesting fix by registering, and buying  all the foods I wanted Wednesday night. Worst moments have been pelvic pain and more frequent trips to the lady's, both of which probably stem from my skipping the gym and my squats for far too long. That changes today though, I am determined. 

bobby is:  In love, with V and with me. I've become somewhat self conscious about some of the changes my body's making (like how next to nothing fits me now), and he's not only super supportive, but really amazed at how I've been built with this incredible purpose and ability to grow little humans. He thinks I'm beautiful even when I don't. We've been in love for so long that we are both quite surprised by a new-found honeymoon phase where we miss each other during the days and want to be together as much as possible. It's high school all over again. 

maternity clothes:  um I need some. My shirts are all belly shirts. My dresses (if they fit over the bump at all) ride up with each step. My two pairs of maternity pants still fit decently, but pants in general are a bit of an annoyance at this point and it's getting hot over here in Houston. It's just hard to spend money on stuff you know you won't wear for long, and time to shop during finals - yeah right. 

rings:  off. Around my neck on a chain when they match my clothes. Luckily my shoes fit better than last week. But it looks like my fat fingers are here to stay. 





No comments:

Post a Comment