7/7/15

week 34


cravings:  fruit, ice cream, chinese food. I've been dreaming of good, spicy, greasy chinese.

aversions:  raw meat

symptoms:  some morning sickness, less heartburn, more waddling, tiny bladder, raging hormones (I sympathy cried for a cartoon character this week..)

movement:  Different. Instead of poking her head out I feel little toes in my ribs. And when she sleeps, she's a rock and there's no waking her up. Let's hope she keeps sleeping so well once she's out ;)

fears:  None. I feel less anxiety now than at any other point in my pregnancy and I cannot wait to get the show on the road.

general mood:  I cry a lot. But I'm really happy.

sleep:  crazy dreams, but I''m sleeping solid most of the night!

surprised by:  How low she is! At our last ultrasound yesterday we could hardly see her head because she's already so low into my pelvis. And that head really does feel like a bowling ball I'm holding in by the end of my morning walks.

looking forward to:  my mom getting here to help me finish up her room, our baby class next weekend where we get to learn to swaddle and bathe and be capable parents (Bobby's never changed a diaper, so I'm really glad this class is on the agenda), and getting to see her IRL within the next few weeks!

best / worst moments:  Hearing my doctor tell us how wonderful everything looks for the natural birth we are hoping for was so encouraging and uplifting. We went into the appointment very concerned about her still being breech and unresponsive to spinning methods, and came out with such excitement to have seen her pretty little head so low and her body so developed. Worst moments have been losing more and more independence, which hasn't been the end of the world. Naps are sometimes necessary, I can't get out of the bath on my own, I got stuck sitting on the floor at the grocery store and had to call out for help getting up (super embarrassing and lame).

bobby is:   maybe as thrilled about the news we got yesterday as I am. He was so proud of his girl for finally turning, and it was adorable. He's also super protective of me (mostly from myself), and doesn't want me to do anything of the slightest risk without his help. I love him.

nursery progress:  I have a few little projects going: making her drapes, recovering her rocking chair cushions, lining her changing table, and planning a little library for all her books (she has quite the collection after my shower in Houston last weekend!). We are registered at the hospital and her birth plan is an edited draft, I just need to pack our bags!


No comments:

Post a Comment