6/30/15

week 33



cravings:  all of the fruit (I ate like five bananas and 2 pounds of grapes this weekend)

aversions:  smelly meat

symptoms: lots of rib pain, lots of waddling (it feels like I'm holding a bowling ball between my legs), lots of contractions, but the acid reflux is now medicated and much better so I'm sleeping much better (yay!).

movement:  lots of movement, but in more regular intervals. When she's asleep it is hard to wake her. She pushed her hand out at us the other day with so much force that we could clearly make it out with our fingers. It was magical.

fears:  I fear that she's never going to turn! She's been trying so hard and I've been doing some pretty silly looking inversions to try to spin this girl, but nothing seems to be working.

general mood:  I'm a little bit over feeling like a whale. I get a little testy when I'm in pain, and I'm at least uncomfortable most of the time now. But it helps to think of her and how she's worth every bit of this.

sleep:  Much better! I mean I still have to pee every few hours, but the acid reflux is immensely better.

surprised by:  How responsive she is to us. She can be coaxed around into different positions with our voices (just unfortunately not all the way around), and we get to experience her personality when we "play"with her.

looking forward to:  seeing her at our sonogram in a week! We should be able to tell whether she's going to be early or huge, and it's always so neat to see her in there.

best / worst moments:  So many good moments this week... I was given a beautiful baby shower by my friends here in Houston, which was such a wonderful reminder of how this city has become a home for us over the past two years. We love our Houston family and are so grateful to have them by our sides during such a pivotal time in our lives. And we went to the beach and it wasn't awful! Sure, it wasn't pretty white sand, but the smells, sounds, and breeze was perfect. Not-so-good moments have been when she gets her head up over my ribs. Super uncomfortable.

bobby is:   waiting for me to finish this post so he can take me to dinner :) But he's smitten as always. When I whine about how she's jabbing me, he defends her every time.

nursery progress:  Her furniture is put together and in her room, hooray! Other preparations we've finished: hooking up her car set, window shades, and stroller in the car, and building her baby swing and bassinet in the house. We are almost ready for you Violet!

No comments:

Post a Comment