8/15/15

week 40 // due date


cravings:  all of the baby cuddles I can get. And I'm very much enjoying the milk-coming-in diet of heavy creamy cheeses, dark beer, and rich calories. I also now require enough water to fill a small pool.

aversions:  I'm still not ready to try eggs again.

symptoms:  Soreness in my shoulders and back from hard labor, burning stitches, general tenderness, and an overwhelming sense of joy and love.


movement:  Its so weird to not feel her. I find myself rubbing my empty belly a lot remembering what it was like..

fears:  That I'll miss a moment, or that I'll forget these precious days.

general mood:  So overwhelmed by this indescribable love.

sleep:  The sleep situation varies night to night. She left through the night on Thursday (hallelujah), but woke on the our for three hours in a row last night.

surprised by:  How much weight she lost in the first few days before my milk came in (she lost about 6 ounces) and by how fast she's gotten her double chin back. Looking forward to pinching on  fat rolls soon.

looking forward to:  writing and sharing her birth story! And watching her grow (just not too fast please!).

best / worst moments:  
Seeing her first real grin (with dimples!) just this morning was the greatest and melted my heart! We've both gotten frustrated when she gets gassy and worked up and we can't please her, but those are tiny in comparison to how incredibly blessed and humbled we are by this experience.

bobby is:   Such a great daddy. After watching me birth our daughter, he thinks I'm super woman. He takes incredible care of the two of us, and can't wait to watch V grow and learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment