8/15/15

week 39



cravings:  Not much, feeling a bit nauseated.

aversions:  anything heavier than Gatorade and toast

symptoms:  very unsettled tummy, contractions every 5-7 minutes increasing in intensity, exhaustion, excitement


movement:  She let me know she was still there in between every contraction. And those kicks were hard on my tender belly!

fears:  I almost asked for an epidural thirty minutes before she was born. But my amazing natural birth nurse talked me down and helped me focus and I'm so so grateful.

general mood:  excited and very emotional.

sleep:  Pretty good for being in labor!

surprised by:  My labor stalled after my water broke and I ended up needing Pitocin, but even though that made contractions get serious really fast, it led to a faster labor than I would have expected.

looking forward to:  writing and sharing her birth story! And watching her grow (just not too fast please!).

best / worst moments:  The best moment was meeting our girl, and then watching Bobby hold her for the first time. I won't get into the worst moments yet, so look out for my birth story post.

bobby is:   Wrapped around her tiny skinny fingers. He loves to hold her on his chest and listen to music, and he's blown away by how beautiful she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment