8/8/16

violet's twelfth month





23 lb . 2 oz . 31 in
wearing 12mo clothes, size 5 diapers

loves: eggies, fake coughing (she replies with her own fake-cough-growl), brushing her teeth in the bath, "Brown Bear"

hates: the tx heat that can't stop won't stop, having her face washed, laying down, car rides (a former love, now dreaded)

I took my first steps on Harry Potter's birthday, I give (sometimes) and take (always) when you say "thank you," I want all of mom's food, I am obsessed with Facetime (and hanging up on people, turning mom's wifi off, and answering the phone whilst screaming bloody murder), I climb into the cabinet's I'm allowed to play with, my feet are super ticklish, I can clap now and I LOVE it, I cut tooth #8 yesterday (a major answer to prayer), and I AM ONE!

My baby is one! Bobby and I reminisced the eve of her birth as we settled into bed last night, and I really don't understand how on earth it has already been a year since we spent a long day playing board games and watching Friends in between waves of nausea. Or how a year ago I didn't yet know what my daughter's cry sounded like, how her gorgeous eyes shine like sunbeams, how her lips pucker when she dreams. I feel like the past year has happened in about two months time, but I also can hardly remember life without a baby monitor blasting white noise at my side. It is so hard to describe the emotions that have been welling within me every time I anticipate today for the past several weeks, but today I am choosing joy above all else. My sweet Violet has been such light to me and the rest of her framily for the last 12 months, and I cannot wait to see what's in store for her next trip around the sun!

P. S. Her birthday bash is on Saturday at Bobby's parents' house and we would love for you to come if you're in the area! We are making the trek to Florida specifically so that we can share our gal pal with everyone back home, so don't miss the festivities! A copy of the invite is in my last post ;)

P. S. S. I posted three other times this month, basically a record, and there aren't many extra highlight pictures due to a relapse of the nesting bug I had last year (but all the closets, the kitchen, and the bathrooms are organized!). So if you need your fix, just keep scrolling onto the last few posts..





this was V's candid expression for at least five minutes when we woke her up to a bed of balloons. It was hilarious.
did I mention she loves to clap?

No comments:

Post a Comment