3/9/17

week 17


Man you guys, the days are long but the weeks are just flying by!

This week has been marked by serious exhaustion. I know I'm really getting a lot done everyday, keeping busy and active and sticking to my baby-prep goals, but I'm so tired! I haven't been sleeping soundly, and when I wake up in the morning my body aches and my eyes don't want to open. I'm really excited for my mom and sister to spend the week with us (2 more days!), because I miss them and I also really need some rest.

Lily wiggles around after meals and in the bath, but she seems to be much more easy going than Violet was at this stage. By 17 weeks last time, both Bobby and my doctor had felt strong kicks. This time, she feels much more like a butterfly than a thumping rabbit. I like it :)

I've just about got the nursery planned out in my head, and I've ordered all my DIY supplies. I cannot wait to start making progress! Next week I plan to refinish Violet's crib (girlfriend chewed right through my cheap paint, so this time I'm breaking out the good stuff), and shop for a recently retired fabric from Ikea that I love love love (so wish me all of the luck). My goal is to finish the nursery entirely before I leave for Florida mid-May, so that I can nest without feeling overwhelmed in the third trimester.

And now I'm off to nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment