5/5/17

week 25

      
        On Monday I met with my doctor to form "operation: keep baby cookin'," after four hours of regular, cringe-inducing contractions sent me to the hospital last Thursday. All of my preterm-labor tests came back negative, but by Monday my cervix felt soft and I was feeling a lot of pelvic pressure. My doctor and PA haven't been shy about their concern over contractions so early in my pregnancy, but after feeling them firsthand and checking my cervix, they were very concerned. I was given the "this woman may NOT travel" letter, cancelling our vacation plans, and put on partial bed rest for two weeks. Next Friday I will be reevaluated to see if these measures are helping, or if we need to add medication to prevent further cervical changes. Please pray specifically for that step not to be necessary - the reason they are waiting to prescribe this treatment is because the side-effects are risky for both mom and baby.

       Bed rest, even partial bed rest where I lay on the couch as much as I can, with a toddler is proving to be QUITE the challenge. Bobby's dad got here today, and Bailey relieves him next week, and help could not have come at a better time. By resting this week, other tasks (like loading Violet in the car, bending over to grab things, tending to spilled yogurt on the kitchen floor, etc.) have become so much harder. It's also really hard to feel my arms get flabbier and spots of cellulite pop back up after working so hard to get in shape after having a baby. It's all small potatoes compared to the goal at hand, but it's still hard to see my strength weaken so quickly.

       After a week of rest, I'm still feeling so much pressure against both my pubic symphysis and sacrum. I have contractions daily, but they have seemed to get less regular with rest and hydration. 

       In my boredom (which is literally only during naptime because moms aren't allowed to be bored), I've ordered everything we need for Lily, drafted a birth plan, and started my nesting to-dos since there's always a chance my next labor-scare may be the real deal. Her crib is still unpainted, and her room still has a disassembled guest-bed in the corner, and that may not change for a while. And I'd totally trade a pretty nursery for a healthy babe any day of the week. 

       This week we need prayers for patience, for my resting to be effective, and for Lily's lungs to develop at super speed. We can't wait to meet our girl, but she really needs us to wait a couple more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment