5/12/17

week 26



       First of all, thanks so much for all the love and prayers this week. From Violet's sleeping schedule to decreased contractions, we certainly feel heard. By pushing Violet's bedtime to 9:30, she has slept until after 11AM three days this week, making rest much more attainable. By making rest a priority, my contractions have decreased in both number and strength, easing this mama's anxiety immensely.

       Today I was reexamined, and not a whole bunch has changed. While my cervix is still soft, it is still sealed up tight (praise). She ran some tests for a protein that develops near the start of active labor, and we should get those results on Monday. Since rest seems to be helping, we are waiting for those results to see if the anti-labor drugs are worth the risk for mom and baby, but we are proceeding with steroid injections to help Lily's lungs get strong really fast in case she comes early. 

       Violet has gotten some face-time with real life little babies this week, and she is so awe-stuck and gentle that it melts my heart! She will point and whisper "beeeebeeeee!!" and then run to my belly and do the same to my bump. I love watching her make these connections and can't wait to see her meet her sister for the very first time.

       It really is a strange thing, to want so badly to meet Lily and see her face and hear her coos, but also to want more than anything for her to stay inside for a while longer. I want them both so badly it hurts sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment