6/2/17

week 29


       Well, we've made it another week! Bedrest has been very challenging, but getting out of the house for our little weekend staycation in the city was a really relaxing escape for all of us. On Sunday night we had a little scare of very intense contractions, but thanks to albuterol we were able to avoid a hospital visit. Other than that one rough night, contractions have been mild through the week (by God's good grace). The most trying discomfort I've experienced this week has been pelvic pain and pressure from Lily trying her darndest to break free. She has been heads down for a few days and likes to grind her head against my left pubic tubercle, and it hurts like hades. On a high note, she has dropped significantly (my belly has finally caught up to her steroidal growth spurt), greatly reducing all the nasty acid reflux and giving me more room to breathe.

        I'm starting to feel very "third-trimestery" with crazy overwhelming hormones, exhaustion, and insomnia, but I'm going to very intentionally treasure each moment of this pregnancy. I missed it so quickly after Violet's birth, and this pregnancy could be cut short at any moment. I have to soak it all in while I can!

       Our dear friends here in Houston have been incredibly sweet in reaching out to take care of us, and it's taken a little while to figure out our needs while I'm on bedrest. While the most help we will need is if we end up with one baby in the NICU and a toddler at home, I have come up with a couple ways you can help us out! One sweet friend is putting together a Meal Train, and you can just shoot me a message if you'd like the link. Another need I have (a little more complicated) is for volunteers to keep Violet if/when we have to quickly go to the hospital. If you'd like to be put on that list, message me the days/times you would be free to drop everything and meet us at the hospital.

Cheers to another week down, and prayers that we make it another five!

No comments:

Post a Comment