7/10/17

week 35


       We had our final growth ultrasound this week and got to see our sweet girly's face! She measured in at 5lbs, 4oz about a week ago, and during this last stretch she should be gaining about 8oz a week. Even though her approximate weight is lower than Violet's was, she and I are measuring right at schedule. And being over 5 lbs means she shouldn't have to stay in the NICU to gain weight, praise! On that note, since all is well my bedrest order has been lifted! My doctor suggested easing back into my day to day, so on day one I walked a mile and a half. Remember that less than 3 months ago I was running 6 miles a day with a jogger and a toddler. That little bitty walk was too much for my chubby self, and I strained my round ligament (which starts in my groin and supports my big round belly) so badly that I couldn't hardly waddle to the bathroom for several days. Almost a week later, I had to wake Bobby up to help me roll out of bed to pee last night! So I'm still feeling very humbled by this pregnancy, but I'm extremely grateful to have made it past our big goal and to now have a little more freedom.

       We had a great visit from my dad and sister over 4th of July weekend. We put the girls' beds in their rightful rooms, and we've been working on the toddler bed transition. So far she's made it through the night once, but we are persisting! We ended up Chromecasting a few fireworks shows instead of driving somewhere after V's bedtime and walking an ungodly distance just for her to have the poop scared out of her, and I'm pretty content with that choice! 

       We are thrilled to be in the last (and safe!) stretch of this pregnancy, but I've got to say how much I'll miss being pregnant with Lily. She's been such a sweet and gentle little wiggle-worm for the last 8 months, and I'm really going to miss the relationship that Violet has formed with her bellybutton-sister. Even though it's been a stressful pregnancy, it's been a really sweet time for our little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment