7/2/17

week 33



       The bags are packed, the sheets are washed, the gear is clean. After a week full of nesting (and I mean scrubbing dustboards, the fireplace, and piano keys ya'll), I think it's safe to say that we are ready to bring this baby home. But we aren't in any hurry, and hope she cooks as long as she needs! Tomorrow we are going to pack out the ultrasound suite at my doctor's office for our final growth scan. Not only will Bobby and Violet join me, but so will my mom, dad, and Bailey. I can't wait. At V's scan we could see her curly hair, her perfect position (other than her engaged head which was blocked by my pelvis), and we got the "all-clear" after she measured almost 8 pounds. We'd love to get such detailed information about Lily this week, too. 

       The last few days have been full of family, rest, and being entertained by Violet. She is so excited about having her grands and aunt here, and has been putting every willing person, baby doll, and stuffed animal "nigh nigh" complete with a blanket, kiss, and fake cries. It's adorable. 

       I'm sleeping like a rock, having the wildest realistic dreams (that sometimes make me wake up really mad at Bobby!), and then lugging around my tired round self from meal to meal during the days. My bloodwork shows that my thyroid has crashed, and I'm really feeling that lack of energy this week. I'm hoping I'll catch up with my new dosage of synthroid very soon, unless this is my body's way of resting up for the big marathon! Until one of two outcomes is resolved I guess I'll just eat all the Cookie Two-Step and binge on Breaking Bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment