4/7/14

the positives no.4



1. My pup. He's the cutest this side of the Mississippi and the loyalist a girl could ask for. His warm, dry nose and endless begging for cuddles says he's not feeling too well today, not that I'm complaining about the puppy love. He even curled his hydrophobic self up in a pile of laundry in the bathroom while I showered this morning. That's true love, guys.

2. This recipe. I made a few, very slight modifications, but this meal is perfect. Do not sub Greek yogurt for the cream. If you must lessen the fat, use milk and a double cornstarch bath. I used half milk, half half&half with a 1:1 cold water and cornstarch bath and the sauce was poetry. And beware, you may just use the whole bottle of wine just so you can dip all things savory in this magical sauce. Yum. 

3. Surprise drastic haircuts that turn out okay. When the hairdresser's first words as she trims are "oh bleeeeeeep, I always forget that step" and that step happens to be very important, it's really hard to stay in her chair for another hour instead of running away and taping your beloved locks back together. But the husband likes it and I'm beginning to come around.  

4. Direct flights to and from big cities. Bobby had to go to meet with a supplier north of Atlanta today and will still be home to snuggle me to sleep tonight. So much better than the spring break of Texas job interviews, all of which required at least one night away while I binged on SVU and wine smoothies with Amanda. 

5. The smell and utterances of new babies. I visited my new-mama friend and rocked the cooing little princess for her mid afternoon nap today. Time well spent soaking up little yawns and dreaming smiles.











No comments:

Post a Comment