3/30/15

week 20


cravings:  the Hawaiian Luau from Grub: fresh baked bun, mouth-watering burger, pulled pork with Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, grilled pineapple, grilled jalapenos. Basically pregnancy heaven, and I got one yesterday. Also cheese chex-mix, packed for tomorrow's trek.

aversions:  sweet stuff. I got sugar in my iced coffee this morning to get baby kicking for the sono and it nearly killed me.

symptoms:  I think all of my weight gain is in blood volume and fluids because the ankles and feet swell, the gums bleed, the nose bleeds, the cuticles bleed, the boobs leak, the nose is constantly stuffy, and I pee like 20 times a day. Oh, and I drove myself car-sick today, pathetic.

movement:  So much, so often, so hard. I love it, I do, but I have to remind myself sometimes that there will be a day in the distant future where I will miss having tiny feet buried in by bladder. That day is not today.

weight gain:  6 pounds from my lowest weight! Hearing that and how baby is weighing a perfectly average and not at all malnourished weight was such a relief. When I go days without adequate food I worry about the kiddo. Dr. G is still not content with my weight, but obviously I'm improving.

fears:  My greatest fear this week was that the ultrasound tech wouldn't be able to determine the gender, but I've got the secret news in an envelope on my desk! Now my only concern is how many times I'll have to stop to pee on the road tomorrow and how swollen my feet will be after 9 hours in the car.

general mood:  full of joy and feeling blessed.

sleep:  5/7 nights this week I've slept through the night. The other two I was up and down, in and out of light sleep.

surprised by:  how clear the sono was today. I could see all four heart chambers pumping, two big ol' feet, and a surprising view of babe's little face. And sleeping through the night? I thought it wouldn't happen again for like three years.

looking forward to:   Going home, eating at the old haunts, having family rubbing on the belly, and finally finding out what this kid is so that I can start calling it a "he" or "she!"

best / worst moments:  The best moment our ultrasound. Everything about it from seeing and feeling the kicks and wiggles, to counting the heart chambers and hearing it beat, to hearing how well baby is growing, to having Bobby cover my eyes while the tech peaked at the goods.

bobby is:   maybe as ready as I am to go home, and almost as excited to open that big balloon box as I am.

maternity clothes:  I shopped a lot this week. Target had by one get one half off dresses, so I nabbed a blue non-maternity for the reveal party and got the most comfortable and flattering maternity dress ever (in the pic above) for like $10. Steal. I also got lots of new underthings which make me feel so much more comfortable. I also got supportive shoes to keep me steady, both dressy and casual. It may sound excessive, but it's shocking how everything from your bra-size to your shoe-size fluctuates with pregnancy.

gender:  five. more. days. Have a look at this post to see my symptoms and guess for yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment