5/27/15

second trimester recap & week 28


cravings:  beef, citrus, broccoli

aversions:  no aversions so much, but my body doesn't seem to care for the burgers anymore. 

symptoms:  with her head pressing against my stomach all the time, the reflux is pretty annoying. The back and hip pain have reached a whole new level (excruciating), and I have to pee like all the time (little feet always in my bladder). Oh and the contractions... I have them everyday now and about half the time they are painful. It's a bit early for that, so I will definitely be discussing that with my doctor today. Weird last symptom, I cut myself shaving every time and I've done it prior to this like twice since I was eleven. My skin and blood are so thin that it just happens. 

movement:  her movement is less frequent but more intense. Space is running out, but she has to have her head up at all times, so she flips every time I roll over. And it's wild looking from the outside. 

fears:  I just want her to stay in there as long as possible, and not decide to make her debut on the drive through Louisiana. I've had nightmares about that. 

general mood:  I'm a bit irritable and whiny, because of the discomfort. I'm really really happy to be so incredibly blessed with such a healthy baby and pregnancy so far, but back pain is a real downer.
sleep:  what's that? Between flooding and thunderstorms paired with a kicking feet in my sensitive bladder, it's been a week full of short bursts of sleep. I'm a fan of naps. 

surprised by:  Her sweet stubborness. She will not flip upside-down or lay sideways even though she's super duper cramped in there. She likes to be held tight, just like her mama. Another huge shock - I ate a corn dog and I liked it. I really am carrying Bobby's genes and it is so so weird. 

looking forward to:  Florida! We are going home next week for my sister's graduation and V's baby shower. I couldn't be more excited to get to love on my family and get to see some dear friends one last time before we become a party of three. I'm also planning to get some maternity photos on the beach, which I'm stoked about! 

best / worst moments:  I went swimming this weekend and it was pure magic. She went nuts in the water and I suddenly felt not pregnant in a great, pain free way. Worst moment happened when I had a long and painful contraction whilst driving in in traffic at a major interstate intersection. It was not easy to focus and breathe at the same time. 

bobby is:   Thrilled that we ate corn dogs together as a family. He loves when she does things that seem very "him." He feels very connected to her, and is so ready to get a turn to hold her. 

maternity clothes:  Today I'm going to hunt down a lovely dress for my maternity photos and showers. If I can find a dress half this amazing and get even one picture half as breathtaking, I will be so pleased. 


No comments:

Post a Comment