5/19/15

week 27





cravings:  citrus all day long, dreaming of Chicfila lemonade

aversions:  eggs, but I'm sweet and I let Bobby cook them the other night. The house didn't smell that bad.

symptoms:  heartburn, Braxton Hicks contractions, nausea, lower back pain

movement:  when she's sleeping she's sleeping. But when she's awake, oh my. She can get her feet and elbows up under my ribs now tends to hang out right side up with her head right below my ribs. Sometimes it's uncomfortable, but mostly it's just really neat to feel her there.

fears:  never sleeping soundly and/or through the night ever again. 

general mood:  quite happy, but I cry even do like all the time over every little thing.

sleep:  I wish Bear would take advantage of our new king-sized bed, but he chooses to get right up on me and bite himself all night long. But V isn't keeping me up so much, her sleep patterns are getting a little more regular. 

surprised by:  how in-demand hospital tours are. I called yesterday to try to get one this weekend and ended up with an appointment mid June, wild! 

looking forward to:  playing outside with her on warm summer evenings next year while Bobby works in the garden. Last night I watched him out there, banned from bending over to weed, just imagining how full our hearts will be when she joins us in our day to day lives. 

best / worst moments:  my best moment was realizing that moving to the burbs doesn't mean we've given up our Houston community. This weekend we went to a bonfire one night, a movie the next, and we're surrounded by adopted family on Sunday when Bobby got dunked. And I guess the worst moment was finding three frogs in our yard so far. Yuck. 

bobby is:  smitten as ever. He wants get to just be here already, and I can't blame him. I'm really excited to start our classes together so that he can get more involved in the baby prep. 

maternity clothes:  I bought that dress I'm wearing on the cheap at Walmart because my closet seems to be shrinking. All of my shirts are too short. I tend to live in sweat pants, sports bras, and tanks that sneak up over my belly. Luckily I only have to wear "real clothes" like twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment