6/2/15

week 29




cravings:  caffeine (no sleep and vacation mode will do that to anyone)

aversions:  being anywhere near red wine is almost as bad as being near eggs, a blessing maybe?

symptoms:  sleeplessness, the hugest cankles in all of existence, some anxiety from having so much left to do before she arrives, still more contractions

movement:  her sleep schedule is so unfortunate for me. She does most of her sleeping in the day and then has dance parties at 3am. She is still heads up, and actually got her noggin stuck up under my ribs on the drive to FL. Not fun. But the girl loves to be rubbed on, which had built such a bond. 

fears:  there's always a little part of me that's scared she'll make her grand entrance in Louisiana. Yikes. 

general mood:  I've been so tired that I feel  whiney and cranky towards the evening. But I've been told I only feel that way and hide it well ;)

sleep:  I get a good two hours at a time if I'm real lucky. Boo. 

surprised by:  how huge my belly has gotten. And my ankles. 

looking forward to:  our first baby shower on Saturday! I'm so excited especially for Bobby's grandma to meet her for the first time and to make a slide show of my amazing maternity photos to show off. 

best / worst moments:  we've had so many amazing moments this week, seeing old friends for the first time in a long time and spending unrushed time with family. It's so wonderful to think about this as our last trip home before everything changes in marvelous ways. The worst moments have been the few intense contractions I've had, struggling to get on sandals that should be two sizes too big, and saying goodbye to besties without knowing when we'd see them again (always so hard).  

bobby is:   Ready to cuddle her, but also the biggest promoter of her staying put as long as possible for her health. I think it's hilarious how he wants everyone we see to get right up in there and hum on my belly so that they can feel her kick their face. Bobs, not everyone is as baby-smitten as you!

maternity clothes:  I was going to buy one nice dress to wear for my photos and showers. I bought three instead because Ross is cheap and my belly is ginormous. 

My favorite pics from my incredible maternity shoot will be up later this week, so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment