5/11/15

week 26



cravings:  captain crunch, bananas, but nothing serious

aversions:  same ole same ole, keep the eggs far away. 

symptoms:  heartburn, heartburn, more heartburn 

movement:  so much, so often, and it's easy to prompt her to move now with our voices and light touches. She's most active in the dead of night which is a bit unfortunate for my sleep cycle.

fears:  not a one!

general mood:  generally pretty happy. But when I get grumpy or weepy eyed I sort of have to ride it out, I can't just choose to be happy when I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

sleep:  so much better in the new house with its lack of city noises, but suffering a bit from about 2-3am when V decides to get her exercise.

surprised by:  how soon she'll be here! At first I felt like the days were crawling by as slow as possible, but now the weeks are slipping through my fingers. While I'm stoked to finally meet her, there is a lot to do in the time remaining.

looking forward to:  getting her room set up and stocked. We are officially moved in to our house and the unpacking has begun. Hopefully I'll get furniture in her room by the week's end.

best / worst moments:  Some of this week's highlights have been getting to do things with friends several nights and soaking up community in these last months as a party of 2. I know we won't suddenly become shut-ins when V comes, but I know that there will be a serious adjustment period. So we want to live it up while we can! Mother's Day was hard, but also so incredibly full of love. A blessing in disguise. 

bobby is:  She recognizes his voice now, I think. She starts moving just about every time he gets close and talks. He loves talking to her and feeling her respond, especially when she kicks his face.

maternity clothes:  I live in like three maternity tanks, leggings, and cute kimonos and sweaters. I have quit real pants.




No comments:

Post a Comment