6/23/15

week 31


I'm so sorry to all of you who rely on this blog to keep up to date on my progress! This bumpdate was written last week, but my camera cord took a trip to South Texas with Bobby and I had no way of getting pictures from my camera to my computer. Forgive me!

cravings:  garlic and citrus, maybe I'm fighting a cold? Nothing that can't be fixed by some good spicy Zuppa Toscana and a ton of pineapple.

aversions:  anything but simple carbs before 10 AM (will the morning sickness ever end??)

symptoms: the rib pain continues, and she's heads up again which doesn't help. The contractions actually got a little too regular for comfort at one point this week, luckily stopping on their own before any calls were made.

movement:  She's all over the place and so big that each movement is felt and seen. She wiggles like crazy when Bobby reads to her.

fears:  I felt such relief when her Moses Basket came in and she had a place to sleep if she came early. But it doesn't fit the stand so I'm back to square one. Sigh.

general mood:  A bit lonely. Bobby had to leave town for work, so it's just me, the Bear, and the baby. But it has been a super productive time which feels so good.

sleep:  When I'm out, I'm really in a deep sleep. It's interrupted with lots of bathroom breaks and rolling over to readjust my mile-wide hips, but I wake feeling rested which is what matters.

surprised by:  How big and round my belly is now! My linea nigra is starting to peak through, too.

looking forward to:  Our hospital tour this week and getting all those questions and curiosities answered. And Bobby getting home, I miss that guy.

best / worst moments:  The best moment was starting our birthing classes. We are doing a Hypnobabies home-study, and I'm already feeling so much more at ease about the whole labor and delivery situation. The worst moment was being home by myself last night, in a tropical storm and flash flood warning, having steady contractions with Bobby three hours away. It wasn't anything too unusual for my body, but not having him there was a little scary.

bobby is:   a little overwhelmed. He's got several big things going on at work until the end of the month and he feels as unprepared for V to get here as I do. Hopefully his mind will ease a bit by the insane amount of unpacking I've managed while he's been away!

nursery progress:  Mostly painted, and super organized. There's still lots to do in there, but each step makes me more comfortable with bringing her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment