6/23/15

week 32



cravings:  not much of an appetite, so no cravings this week

aversions:  everything. It's like I'm back in my first month.

symptoms: some pretty serious acid reflux, accompanied with mouth sores and a new prescription. The morning sickness is still hanging around which makes this girl so tired and pretty weak. I love being pregnant, I truly honestly do, but the ceaseless nausea is really a downer. At least the contractions have a purpose as they prepare my body for labor.

movement:  the cutest thing was Bobby giving my belly raspberries like this video and watching her react. she wasn't as dramatic as the babe in the video, but she sure was rolling around in there! Some days she moves so much it makes me a little sore (in the best possible way), and others she curls up into a bowling ball and puts so much pressure on my pelvis that I swear she'll fall out.

fears:  My mom is leaving the country in just a few hours, and it's not so much that I fear I'll go into labor with her gone, but I would hate for her to miss out if it happened.

general mood:  My mood is constantly up and down. I'm tired always and get overwhelmed easily if I let myself, but cheesy jokes on TV leave me in tears and silly things make me so angry that my heart races.

sleep:  Ha. My doctor asked me how I was sleeping yesterday and I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. I've added nap-time to my schedule to try and catch up during the day, but between wild dreams (sometimes where mosasauruses eat my siblings), acid reflux, restless legs, and jabs to my ribs and bladder, I think I may actually get more solid sleep with a newborn than I have in the past week.

surprised by:  How much I love my ever-changing body. Really. I honestly look in the mirror as I oil up my belly and smile, because I feel more confident with an extra fifteen pounds around my waist, a smattering of dimples on my buns and thighs, a line down the middle of my extruding belly button and the fattest hands and feet I could imagine than I've ever felt in my whole life. Its just so amazing what my body is capable of, and I hope I can carry this confidence into my fourth trimester.

looking forward to:  Finding a pediatrician and registering at the hospital, both on today's to-do list. Then, if she comes we are all set to drive into town, have the car valeted (fo free, our hospital rocks), and go settle into our room!

best / worst moments:  Giving Bobby his very first father's day present was so wonderful. Check it out here. I don't think he was expecting anything, which made it all the sweeter. My worst moment was having a DIY project fail me. I was practicing a rub I was going to use to antique the crib and dresser and it just didn't turn out how I wanted. It was discouraging, and devastating to these hormones. But I just got new supplies for plan B and I'm ready to try again!

bobby is:   nesting, and it's pretty cute. Once he got back to town he signed us up for a security system, when crazy tending to our lawn, took boxes to the attic, and created a to-do list longer than my own for the week. Hopefully between both of us and our drive to get things done, we will accomplish all of the necessities good and early.

nursery progress:  Furniture is painted, and absolutely must be put together by the weekend. I'm dead set on having thee basic floor plan set up next time I blog. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment