7/27/15

week 37


cravings:  spicy, limes, pineapple

aversions:  not much

symptoms:  the most swollen feet possible. Bobby's flip flops are tight on me... I'm dilated to a loose 2.5, thinned significantly, and having very regular contractions for the past three days. We are hoping the blue moon on Friday might hurry things along ;)


movement:  so so much. Head butts to the cervical region feel so weird, but mean she's getting low!

fears:  I really don't want to spend the next three plus weeks in labor. My whole body is sore from this weekends continuous contractions. 

general mood:  excited, a little impatient, and at peace with all the preparations that needed to be made (and are now!). 

sleep:  I've been so exhausted the past few nights that I've slept really solid (with several interruptions to use the loo and from contractions). My body knows I need my rest to gather strength for the big day. 

surprised by:  my lack of progress at today's exam. With three full days of 5-9 minute contractions, I expected more than a half centimeter improvement. But I understand that week to week progress is relatively uninformative without being in active labor. 

looking forward to:  being a family of three, holding our little girl in our arms. 

best / worst moments:  we finished her nursery, which feels like a huge burden removed! Worst moments have been continued and increased discomfort, but this too shall pass and is totally worth it.

bobby is:  also getting impatient. He just wants to meet her so badly and hates when I'm in pain.

nursery progress:  done. Like completely. It's been such a relief and now I've been doing my Hypnobabies in the rocker. I love it so much. Everything is ready, sans one wipe dispenser for the changing station I've set up in our room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment