8/15/15

week 38


This is very very late. I was so frustrated the entire week that I just could not sit down and focus on my lack of progress. So, I'm sorry it's late, but here it is...

cravings:  so much food! I've been eating a lot of protein and too much ice cream to be proud of.

aversions:  none, give me all the food.

symptoms:  pretty much nothing, which sort of sucks when you're really really ready to have a baby already.


movement:  lots of movement way down there and sharp kicks in the ribs. She's trying hard to escape! She also hiccups a ton now and you can see my shirt ripple with each one.

fears:  I think she's going to stay in there forever. But really, I can't have an elective induction until my cervix is "favorable" and it is far from and I can't have a medical induction until 41 weeks. That's basically forever. And if she has an impossible-to-birth-big head, she won't come naturally. So Violet, you really need to hurry things up.

general mood:  highly emotional and very frustrated. On top of that, I feel guilty for being so impatient and frustrated which makes me even more emotional. ugh.

sleep:  lots of bathroom breaks, but decent sleep in between and good naps every day.

surprised by:  My abundant labor signs just disappearing. Calm before the storm?

looking forward to:  being admitted to the hospital. Once they take you in, you basically get 24 hours to have a baby.

best / worst moments:  The best moment was finishing my to-do list of things I wanted done before company starts to arrive. The worst moment was being told I'm no closer (physically) to having a baby. Sigh.

bobby is:   Very ready for her, but less expectant of her arrival. Last week he thought I'd call him home early every day. This week, he knows not to raise his hopes.

nursery progress:  Done, done, and done. Our room is also ready with the cradle next to the bed and a second changing station set up on our dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment