5/19/17

week 27


       Happy Friday! This week has been such a good, restful week for our fam-jam. Resting has continued to help manage my contractions and keep pelvic pressure to a minimum, and we are so thankful! We've also experienced such a peace of mind in knowing that Lily has been growing like a weed this week after my two rounds of steroid injections. Boy have I felt their effects! My belly really needs to "pop," because right now a glass of water fills my stomach to an uncomfortable level. Real Estate is getting tight up in there, I'll tell ya. I've also really struggled with sleep this week, between being overall uncomfortable coupled with my heart pounding constantly. 

       My Fetal Fibronectin test from last Friday came back negative, meaning that the chances of my labor becoming active within two weeks of the test are very low. My doctor will retest again at the end of this week, and hopefully this will help us prevent any unnecessary and risky preterm labor interventions and drugs. We are so grateful for a team of doctors who work so hard to keep my pregnancy healthy and who also take the time and effort to help us understand all of their concerns, tests, and treatments. I feel like a person, I feel like my baby is also a person to them, and I feel like we are both top priorities in their care.

       My swelling is coming back a bit, and I've put my rings away for the long haul. Next stop, new clown shoes! Just kidding, I hardly wear shoes! It might just be my favorite part of this whole partial bed rest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment