6/25/17

week 32


       This has been a good week, and it has done my soul well. Physically, I’m feeling pretty huge and every time I stand up I feel like I’ve been kicked in the groin as my pelvis starts to separate. But Lily is still such a gentle little kicker (compared to Violet who bruised me from the womb), that the aches and pains of the third trimester haven't really started to bother me yet. She feels lower everyday, causing me to have to pee all the time and waddle a bit, but I'm just so grateful to still be pregnant that I really don't care.

       This week I broke free of bed rest for a hot second to start a registry and get a few baby essentials, and ended up finding the sweetest little monogrammed baby gown with the most perfect little pink "L" over her heart. I can't wait to see it on her tiny little self. Bobby and I both think about meeting her all the time, and its such a relief to us both to imagine getting to hold her as long as we want instead of giving her a quick kiss and sending her off to the NICU. That happy fantasy is getting more and more realistic with each passing day.

       My doctor's appointment went so well this week. Although I have started dilating (not quite to a centimeter yet, and I was 2 cm for a month with V), her positioning is perfect and she is measuring a week ahead on the growth curve. This is HUGE. Our goal for the last month has been to make it to 34 weeks - the typical week where babies who received steroids are able to come home with mom after 2 days in the NICU, barring complications. And even though next week is week 33 for me, she will likely hit the weight requirements for a 34 weeker! Fingers crossed, knock on wood, we are going to make it to our goal! My next appointment (in a week and a half) will be an ultrasound appointment where they will decide whether or not we will stop intervening with labor. If I have any labor signs before the appointment, they would scan and examine her before stopping anything. So we could potentially have a healthy baby sometime in the next couple weeks. Praise Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment